Monday, May 3, 2010

The Girlfriend Speaks...

Since I have been slammed at work, I asked a someone to blog in my place. Nothing too crazy, just what it is like to be in my life. I figure that since I've written about them, I would give them the chance to write about me. Let'hope I won't live to regret this...


"The Girlfriend here--yeah you read right, The Girlfriend. Bobby thought it would be a good idea for me to guest blog, since he is beyond crazy busy with work and hasn't blogged in a week. He also thinks that I should tell you what its like to be "The Girlfriend". I won't pretend to be him with his awesome writing voice or his rather outlandish embelishments of the truth. There are some awesome parts about being The Girlfriend, I won't lie...well maybe I should so no one gets any ideas! anyways, I have life pretty good. I love that he bounces ideas off of me but more than that he knows when I'm just faking enthusiasm and when I really mean it. This has made it so that I pretty much can't lie to him without getting caught. which I like because its teaching me to just be honest the first time instead of lying, getting "caught" and then feeling bad. (a lot of his ideas are pretty good so that doesn't happen too often!). I love that even though he worked a whole bunch of insane hours including the night where I said good night to him and went to bed and when I woke up he was still working he still wanted to talk to me and hear about my day as it progressed! I love that even though I am currently pretty busy harrassing him to promote me and what what life will be like when that happens he goes along for the ride and even seems to enjoy it! I also love that we can talk, laugh and "discuss" the future and things that will not just be a part of marriage but also the wedding. I don't recall him ever mentioning his dream wedding on this mightly fine blog (you should ask him to tell you all about it one day) but it's important to know that I'm not exactly the biggest fan of the extreme action stunt wedding... but since it is his special day too I know there will need to be some consessions because he so frequently makes a lot of self-less decisions that I (and others who read this blog) benefit from. I would love to make his special day truly something special but I am still figuring out what that will really look like...because lets be honest I want what I want and I'm still learning to compromise! (and contrary to popular belief I am a strong proponent of the nacho cheese fountain.)

One last things before I go...Bobby also suggested that this might be a time to clear the air and correct some of the outlandish embelishments that have been posted on this mighty fine blog (my words, not his) and I just want to say that I don't have anything to say except...I can (and do) kick his butt in wii bowling!"

Thank you to The Girlfriend. She also has a blog that she hasn't touched in a long time. You all should bug her to write more. Stay tuned for the next guest blogger... As soon as I can bribe somebody to do it.

2 comments:

  1. Nacho Cheese Fountain! Great job The Girlfriend, I enjoyed reading your voice in Bobby's World.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for having G.F. as the guest blogger! I think it should be a regular feature!

    ReplyDelete