Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Guest Blog Week Day 2....

Hey everybody... I'm just here to post the second guest blog of the week. This one comes from a very funny person... It is an instant laugh-fest whenever we get together.

"Hi, I’m Steph and an avid reader of this blog. (I too have a blog - http://stephiles.blogspot.com)

Most little boys these days (I have two ages 11 & 13) dream of playing video games as a job. My boys are no exception to the rule. Most of the time moms everywhere say the same thing in response to this, “You can’t make a living out of playing video games.” Then my boys met Bobby. He was like a superhero. His job WAS playing video games. Now Bobby has since confessed to me that sometimes when he was at EA he had to play sucky little kid games. I have let my kids keep the illusion of “Super Bobby Video Game Hero” and not told them.

For a while my experience of Bobby was this really nice guy who dated “The Girlfriend” (my friend) and made my kids really happy. As I’ve gotten to know him more I’ve seen a creative side that blows me away. His writing is incredible and his insights into the minds of his fictional characters are impressive. I also know now that he is one of the funniest people I know and a good story teller (ask him about the “My Twin Doll” his sister owned – so funny).

My only warning is that Bobby sometimes cheats at games (specifically social “ice breaker” games). I don’t even think it’s about winning so much as just making his life a little easier and maybe adding a little humor to his day. Thanks for adding joy and humor to my days too."

Thank you Stephanie very much for taking time out of your day to say something nice. If more people like you existed, I would be the funniest man- err... the world would truly be a better place.

More guest blogs coming, so stay tuned!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think the term SOMETIMES and CHEATS together when describing my brother and games is not accurate. I believe you should substitute SOMETIMES for ALWAYS.

    ReplyDelete