Saturday, May 8, 2010

Guest Blog Week Day 6...

The last edition of Guest Blog Week. No fanfare necessary... just read and I will catch you on the other side.

"When I was asked to write on this blog I was a bit intimidated. Those who know me well would be surprised by this, but Bobby has personality that comes out through his writing that is a tough act to follow. Being the friend that I am and knowing him for almost half my life, I felt compelled to come through in the clutch. Unfortunately since I am a girl and I tend to have my emotional touchy feely moments this blog may contain a few! But to paint a picture of what it is like to be friends with Bobby, I would say it is a very entertaining roller coaster ride. Bobby was my rock before I even knew how someone could be a rock in my life. At the ripe age of 12, our friendship began as a huge crush, yes I admit it when I was young and impressionable I had a crush on the infamous Bobby Williams or King Buster as he has been known in my phone for the last 10 years. After quickly realizing he was way too old for me and our superhero duo would not work if I was following him around like a groupie, I decided the crush was over. Bobby and I have had our lows, which were mostly during the few years where I was a stupid teenager and he was the wiser older one and I thought I knew better, if you know Bobby you know these years did not pan out well for me. No matter how often we fought or how little we spoke, he was always the number one guy in my life! He was a brother, a best friend and a super hero all wrapped in one very tall, very thin, very stylish bow.

I said at one point I would get sappy and well I never want to disappoint the followers of Bobby so there is a defining moment of our friendship that made me realize there will never be a moment I cannot count on Bobby. I was a young and stupid 13 year old and did not always listen to the common sense rules that were embedded in my brain. We were at our basketball team party at Bobby’s house and as usual, Bobby and I were playing sock and run! (My favorite game when I was young because I thought it was hilarious when he would punch me, do not worry my parents knew of this abuse and were all for it!) At one point I hit him in the arm and ran towards the street, without looking both ways, a car was driving down the street and let’s just say we collided. Thankfully I was ok, no broken bones but one hell of a bruise on my butt! For days I spoke to no one, I text no one, I was completely embarrassed. About a week and a half after it happened we had basketball practice, I walked in upset and no prepared to face those that saw me that day. We started practice with a set of free throws and up walks Bobby to stand right next to me. He made numerous attempts to make me laugh and talk to him but I would not budge. Finally he asks me if I had any bruises, I responded with a huge bruise on my butt, probably the size of a soccer ball. At that point Bobby whispers to me, you know I have a birth mark on my butt that is huge and looks like bugs bunny, you want to see it? At that point I just looked at him and started dying laughing! That was the moment I knew I could always depend on Bobby.

We may not have it all together as friends and we may not always see eye to eye but Bobby and I are friends for life. We do not need the mushy stuff or the constant connection to have the bond that we do. We know each other like we know the back of our own hands. He took me as a young and impressionable 12 year old and molded me into the person I am today. When I did not have much of a family, he filled all the roles. I truly believe I would not be the mature young woman I am today if it were not for Bobby. Wherever life takes Bobby and whoever’s life he touches, he will succeed beyond belief. He is truly good at everything he does and friendship is definitely at the top of that list."

Shout out to Cam, the greatest tag team partner in the world. As I type this I would just like to let it be known that we are the five time and current International Jewish Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions.

This concludes Guest Blog Week, thanks to everyone who pitched in. Maybe we will do it again... But on Monday we will return with more of the same as well as some new surprises. As always, thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. With each guest blog (yes even your arch-nemesis' blog posting) I see a more amazing Bobby. I feel honored to be sharing this space with all these wonderful people that you have collected.

    Awesome post. Definitely up to "Welcome to my Mind" standards.

    ReplyDelete