Monday, May 10, 2010

Back In the Saddle Again...

Man what a week... I would tell you about it, but I've signed several documents legally preventing me from doing so. But I apologize for taking so long in between posts. So without further delay, let us get to today's topic.

I was just going to put that I liked tacos and leave it at that. P.K. could even attest to this, as I had it up on the screen and was all ready to push the publish button. We laughed for a good minute, but that wouldn't be right. Besides, anybody could take one look at me and say, "I bet that guy likes tacos... If ever there was a guy who liked tacos, it would be him." And you would be right, because they are delicious.

But I'm not here to talk about tacos, or mexican food in general. I'm here to talk about me. Seeing as this is my blog about how I perceive the world, would you expect anything else? Why is it that every commercial on TV makes men out to be stupid? I get offended like a Geico caveman.(okay that may be a bad analogy) But I'm serious.

I feel that as men we are misunderstood sometimes. Case in point. I read the covers of all The Girlfriend's magazines where they are listing "over 50 ways to please your man", or "the 10 things that all men wish women knew". On every guys list has MAYBE 10 things on it. I'm not gonna list them, but if a woman writer at Cosmo is telling her there are 50 things she needs to do to keep me happy and my list only has 10, you can imagine why men and women don't see eye to eye. And that's another thing... what men are they polling to get these ridiculous ideas? Let me stay on point as that could be a whole other blog in itself. Look... ladies, I'm betraying the code and giving you a hint. Three of the ten things on the list involve you not talking so much during various times. If you follow any of the ten those three will make life easier. Okay time to wrap it up...

My convoluted and abstract point is this. If you want mountain spring water, you go to the source. If you want to know how to please your man, do the same. Don't listen to disgruntled, divorced women who will tell you how to be successful one month, and then turn around and write about the top ten signs he's cheating. That just doesn't make sense.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN! Those magazines are all trash. I have a rule that if the cover gives you diet tips or mentions sex...I don't want to read it...that eliminates most women magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...thanks for the advice. Also, shame on you for making a pregnant woman CRAVE tacos!

    ReplyDelete