Sunday, April 25, 2010

Birthday Blowout Part 2

So has come the second part of our birthday blowout. Today I want to talk about my bother P.K., who had his birthday yesterday. This post is a little late, but we were too busy partying hard for me to find time to fit this in.

I imagine my brother looked at me on the date of my birth the same way I looked at my sister on the day of hers. But where her initial cries were ones that foretold doom and destruction, mine were to inform him that he was my arch-nemesis, I and I would not rest until he was utterly defeated.

So that was my plan. To be better than him at everything. He learned to read at 5, I learned to read at 3. He played sports with his friends, I tagged along. He joined band, I learned to play a musical instrument as well. Everywhere he went, I was two steps behind, always trying my best to be better than P.K. And what started out as an intense, albeit one sided rivalry has become an intense friendship.

At both his best and his worst I have stood beside him, a Dr. Watson to his Sherlock Holmes. right or wrong I have fought with him, cried with him, and lived some of the greatest moments of my life all while standing next to my brother. I have followed him everywhere, and would follow him into the depths of hell if he asks. but if he knows me at all, he will know that he won't have to.

So happy birthday P.K.! To the best enemy a guy could ever have, know that I am proud to have stood by you. And know that I look forward to the day when you can stand by me.

1 comment:

  1. I am just now getting a chance to read this and I would like to say that I am looking forward to the time when The Girlfriend gets a promotion, and I can't wait to see what happens at the actual event. After all the outlandish ideas I have heard, I just want to know which ones are going to become reality!

    ReplyDelete