Wednesday, April 7, 2010

No Shenanigans

Happy Wednesday to you all! I have some sad news. I am suspending Man Meeting Mondays for a little while as I sort out my work schedule. Sorry to the three women who I know will be saddened by this revelation. I will however continue to update my blog whenever I have something to complain abo- err say. So with that, on to my topic today.

So The Girlfriend watches a lot of How I Met Your Mother.I call it "Your Mother" for obvious potential comedic situations. Go ahead and add the phrase "Your Mother" to any sentence and it instantly becomes better... its like the bacon of the grammar world. Now I don't really watch the show as religiously as she does, but I guess on there are a group of friends living and loving in NYC. The Girlfriend and I were watching them prank around on Your Mother.(See? Instantly better.) The Girlfriend turned to me and said, "I want friends like that! I want friends to get involved in shenanigans with!" (She actually said shenanigans... who says that anymore?)

So we discussed it and we decided to get her started in "shenanigans". So On April Fools Day we decided to list our relationship status on facebook as single. My friends instantly recognized it for what it was, and my cousin even went as far as to call me an unsavory name... (Thanks Michelle.) Her friends on the other hand bombarded her with condolences for most of the day. She ended up feeling terrible about it. So that one stunt was both the beginning and the end of her time as a prankster.

The writers on Your Mother are messing up. I hope they figure it out before they cause another girl to think "shenanigans" are cool. But don't think I'm becoming a softie. I'm doing this out of concern so other boyfriends all over don't have to listen to their girlfriend's bout with guilt like I did.

2 comments:

  1. as one of the three women who reads your weekly posts I have to say that I have mixed feelings about the suspension of Man Meeting Mondays. While I am glad you are busy with work, I will miss the feeling of anticipation when Monday arrives, hoping that you might actually post something on a Monday. Oh well, I will just have to settle for reading your posts whenever they happen to appear, but I guess that isn't much different than before.

    Oh and as a fellow "Your Mother" I think a few more shenanigans could be a good thing, you just missed the part where you involved other people in them, that is what makes a shenanigan fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will also miss Man Mondays, but it's good to know yourself and know what resources you can afford to use up right now.

    I'm not big on pranks. Mostly because I hate being the butt of people's jokes, so I avoid doing it to others. I also think you lose just a bit of credibility when you become known as a prankster.

    ReplyDelete