Monday, March 1, 2010

Whatever You Call it, It's a Hair Don't

Today I want to try something different. From now on, I am declaring Monday to be the official Man Meeting Mondays of the League of Men. This means that every Monday, I will try to talk about things that affect men, and by proxy society as a whole. Today, we are going to talk about hair, or a lack of it.

Fellas... there comes a time when every man must come to grips with the fact that he is losing his hair. I realize no man wants to go bald, believe me I know firsthand. But you gotta believe me when I say that the comb-over, and the toupee need to go the way of the Dodo. Its like they say, "You are only as strong as your weakest link..." and to guys who fall into these two categories, you're making the rest of us look pretty weak.

Now, don't get discouraged my fellow baldskateers. Over the years, there have been advancements to combat the ugly beast that is male pattern baldness. You could rock the Telly Savalas (my personal favorite), you could just cut it close (depending on how bald you are, this could work.), or you can wear a hat. But more important than these things, you have to be confident. I mean come on... you knew this day was coming. One look at your dad's hairline was all it took. Some of the greatest men ever were bald. Men like Ghandi, Winston Churchill, and Kojak. So be proud. You belong to a prestigious group. And to all of you rocking the hair plugs? Shame...

2 comments:

  1. This makes me happy...especially after I heard a "Dr. Hair" commercial on the radio today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also would strongly caution against the Skullet. This is the mullet combined with large forehead...the long hair does not make up for what is going missing in front.

    PS Going bald is a guy hang-up...some girls find the balding man a sexy thing...especially when (as you suggest) combined with the close cut and confidence. Dave and I always say "Go Bruce Willis on your hair when you start to lose it...go super short"

    ReplyDelete