Saturday, March 6, 2010

Que Freddie Mercury...

My mom and I have a little bit of a rivalry/bet going and I'm losing. See 5 years ago, we made a bet as to who would win more C.C.S. basketball championships between the two of us. I was convinced it would be me, because I'm a compulsive gambler as well as a highly competitive guy. After we made the bet, mom has since then jumped out to an early 2-0 lead, but I have always vowed I would tie up the score. Well today I quit, because mom and her basketball team just won their 3rd basketball championship in 4 years.

But as much as I hate losing to my mom, I'm very excited for the team and all the other coaches. What I as an outsider have seen them endure over the last few years, to witness them standing there collecting their trophy was nothing short of amazing. So congrats to the girls, and congrats to mom. I know when I'm beat...

2 comments:

  1. Not sure what the title has to do with the post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a vague reference to the song We are the Champions. I know its a stretch, but it's the best I could do on short notice.

    ReplyDelete