Tuesday, March 2, 2010

World Class Cheaters

Did anyone else watch the olympics? I kinda did.... and frankly I'm appalled at the amount of cheating that goes on. You all seem shocked, allow me to explain. P.K. and I were watching Team America battle the Russians, and during one of their timeouts, the Russians were discussing strategy in Russian. This would not be an issue, if it wasn't for the fact that they spoke perfect english every other second of the match. Needless to say I was outraged. The american team doesn't have a native language that the other team doesn't know so that their strategy isn't made obvious to the other team. (Though to be quite honest, the american strategy for curling seemed to be through the stone as hard as humanly possible.)

Now I know what you're thinking... "Dude... both Canada and Great Britain speak English!!!" Yes, but at the same time no. I'm pretty sure that Canadians can also speak French (Stephanie, help me out with this one), and I've been speaking English my whole life and I couldn't tell what the Great Britain team was saying half the time.

It reminded me of Star Wars. How every alien in the universe speaks galactic basic(english), but when they need to make fun, or say "hey kill this guy" without the humans knowing they speak their own language. That's how I felt the Qlympics were. Every other country was using their cool language to pick on the americans.

So I'm proposing we make a new language. Part tribal bush clicking, with the close encounters light show mixed in, and some Peyton Manning hand signals thrown in just in case. That way no one will know what we are saying... I think its only fair.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe if we get some lessons from the cast of Jersey Shore then we'll be able to fool them all.

    Canada does have some French speakers, but really only 1 of 10 provinces speak French...and that is also a commonly known language in Europe so other teams would catch on also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All American athletes should learn Esperanto. Actually, unless we're playing soccer, Spanish would be just fine as the "new" language for America. Hell, almost half the population of California speaks it and it is taught in all public schools.

    ReplyDelete