Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Be There or Be Square

Man Meeting Monday, Tuesday edition. I know this was supposed to post yesterday,(I'm sure all seven of you were disappointed) but there were unforseen technical difficulties. So I am putting it out today with a promise to never miss another Monday again.

I saw something on the news last week that made me very sad. A 19 year old mother was arrested for killing her two year old daughter. The report said that the accused's mother tried to warn police. After the initial shock of hearing what this woman had done, my next thought was, "where is the father?"

I'll keep it short, but if you aren't ready/don't want to be a father then stop practicing. You don't see people training to run marathons because they like training. Conversely when driving a car, if you don't want to die while driving a car, you protect yourself by wearing a seatbelt. Be smart...

2 comments:

  1. Amen!

    Just had a conversation with Peter and a friend about this last night. Don't have sex unless you are ready to man up and be a father, an INVOLVED father!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...not just an involved father, but a loving, supportive husband. Kids need their parents. Too many selfish people out there who think only of themselves.

    ReplyDelete