Monday, January 24, 2011

I Blame You, Zach Effron!

Its post #99! Holy smack, where did the time go? not only that, but next Thursday, which also happens to be my birthday will be the two year anniversary of this completely random collection of thoughts. More introspective thoughts later... on to the blog.

Does anyone know what happened to cartoons? Like where did they go? When I was a kid cartoons were all over the place. You could blindly point to any channel listed in the TV guide(where did that go also) at any time of the day and find cartoons. Now I look through the guide on my dvr and see nothing but stupid tween shows. Nickelodeon has been overrun by iCarly, and 75 other shows just like it. Its an epidemic that has gotten so bad, cartoon network doesn't show cartoons anymore. (Moment of silence please) as if I needed another reminder that I was old.

Stupid high school musical came along and messed everything up. Now I can't even enjoy cartoons. Or or grown up tv for that matter, because glee has come along and melted everyone's brains. Hey glee groupies... go watch cop rock. See what's in store for your hip new show. (Let's be careful out there, best cop rock song ever. I dare you to challenge me on this.)

Sounding bitter I know. But tv used to be awesome until you yuppies took over. So I've said my piece and now I'm leaving. But know when all these peeps end up pushing 40 or in rehab, Hollywood will have no choice but to turn tv back over to the nerds. And please believe my people are ready.

1 comment:

  1. What about Boomerang TV...don't they show the classics like Speed Buggy and Scooby Doo? I don't really know these days. We cancelled cable last June and have absolutely no TV anymore. After my NFL withdrawals it was actually kind of nice.

    ReplyDelete