Saturday, August 1, 2009

Random One Shots...

These are one shots. They don't have anything to do with anything particular, they are just random thoughts that I have had throughout the week. So don't try and look for an overall theme.... because there isn't one. Just sit back and enjoy the strange way my mind works.

Am I the only person on earth who thinks Drake is garbage? Probably. But there is no doubt that he is a member of the "Nick Cannon All-Stars". You know, guys or girls who started out on children's television, made a record and are suddenly mega stars or perceived to be gangsters. Stop. Your new found street cred doesn't make up for the fact that you used to get slimed for the enjoyment of people who eat boogers.

Somebody tell me how we as a species can unilaterally agree that green and red mean go and stop respectively, that all over the world the word police should start with the letter "P", and put several men on the moon, but we can't clearly define love?

Does anybody else remember when singers had actual talent? Now it seems that all you need is an auto tuner. Is that why T-Pain hasn't released a second album?

The one thing I have learned from the whole Barry Bonds/Manny Ramirez steroid issue is that it is worth the extra money to do business with a upscale drug dealer.

Does anyone else think that they create better modern art with a kindergarten student and a merry go-round?

I play left field for both of my co-ed softball teams, and last Saturday a yellow jacket bit me on my ankle because it got trapped in my shoe. I have now made it my mission to exterminate anything with black and yellow stripes.

Adding extra letters to words in text messages does not make them sound longer. Conversely, leaving out one letter does not actually save you any time. And for those of you who combine the two... well then you're just retarded.

I know every other dude in the world has thought this at one point, but why does no villain just kill James Bond the minute he shows up? It's like trying to fight Jackie Chan or Tony Jaa one on one... no matter what you're always going to lose.

The people at PETA need to relax... I love most animals but there is no way I'm ever protesting for their "ethical treatment". I don't remember in history class reading about a coalition called Animals Saving Humans that was formed during pioneer days. You never saw a deer throwing red paint on mountain lions, nor have you ever heard a bear say, "You know what? All that human eating we do, it can't be good for me. So from now on, I'm just going to be a vegetarian." So you PETA people leave Michael Vick alone... because condemning him for his faults but coveting coach purses and leather seats in your BMW is a tad bit preposterous.

Memo to all people about to have a baby.... Don't get your kid a goofy name. I know you want your baby to be unique, but naming them something like Starfighter, or Banana Bread won't make them different, it will just make them the butt of many jokes. Do them and yourself a favor. Name them Steve or Lisa but then, teach them that what they do with the talents God has given them and not their name is what makes them unique.

That was just the last two days...

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the modern art. The extra letter thing bugs me too. I think Banana Bread is a good name for a hamster.

    Awesome post once again.

    ReplyDelete