Saturday, August 15, 2009

Whodini Said it Best....

Yay! Another blog... That makes the second one of this month. I know my favorite five followers have been eagerly anticipating this. I just feel bad that I keep disappointing the rest of you who expect poignant political commentary, but instead keep reading about my severe hatred of Ed Hardy, or people who engage in cell phone activity at the movies.

I started this endeavor in early February with the goal of writing one blog a week. As you can clearly see by counting, I am failing in that. My short-comings are clearly transparent in juxtaposition to my dear friend Courtney "Second City" Ellis who to date has written upwards of 50 bajillion blogs in half the time. So thanks S.C., for setting the bar ridiculously high.

But I bring up S.C. for a reason... She is truly down to earth, awesome, and genuinely fun person to be around. We share a common love for all 80's cartoons, and a deep fondness for The Girlfriend. Whenever we get together I always feel like my life has been enriched, but after we leave I am also very sad. I'm sad for the fact that we only see each other maybe three times a year.

But it isn't just her. I have over one hundred friends on facebook, and family not included I spend time with maybe three or four of them. I know that realistically it is impossible to see everyone. But for me, two or three times a year isn't enough to be truly be considered friends.

Now I'm not saying I'm going through and "spring clean" my facebook... I'm just going to try and find a way to make more face to face time with the friends that I have. So heads up facebook friends... I'm coming.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I've been doing this all wrong...I try to make plans with the "girlfriend" and it just never happens...maybe I should be asking you. I might actually get to see the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobby, do you know we feel the same way after seeing you? Let's DO this thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P/S - Thanks, I needed that today.

    ReplyDelete