Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pack a Musical Punch

I'm a big fan of the payoff. I'm a sucker for resolution. Especially when it comes to music. I don't know much about chord progression and things like that so the fact that Mozart was able to spell his own name (allegedly) in his music means nothing to me. But I do judge you on your impacts. That moment where you've built up tension to the brim and you just let it all out. Does your impact hit me so hard that I feel it in my chest? Does it evoke some sore of emotional feeling, or does it just make me bob my head? (Unrelated Question: Why are all dudes with naturally crazy hair good at what they do?)

Try this. Even if you don't listen to the whole thing... Just give it up until the after the 1:45 mark. That right there is pure joy to listen to. That to me is great music. Not only is it beautiful, but I see imagery when I hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment