Wednesday, August 18, 2010

TV For Me

I share a house with PK and Showbiz and with one main TV, watching a show was a nightmare. So recently I bought a DVR recorder thinking it would make life around my house easier. But did it? No...

At first the DVR was awesome. Recording shows to watch later on at our convenience seemed like heaven in small doses. Do you know how liberating it is to not be a slave to the tv schedule? I was experiencing newfound freedoms I had never known before.

But then things got ugly. All of a sudden shows that no one had watched ever started showing up. I came home one night to find 33 episodes of NCIS on the DVR. (I could make a joke about how Mark Harmon doesn't DVR NCIS, but I would be putting more effort into the joke than the producers put into that show.) Fights broke out... tires were slashed, people would come home to find their show had been cancelled and would retaliate by canceling someone else's show. We went from loving each other to being at each other's throats...

So I'm in the process of creating a DVR pecking order, but it seems to shake out into "the persons who purchased the DVR gets priority." Does that sound so horrible?

1 comment:

  1. That seems fair to me. Then you can let them bribe you for pecking order.

    ReplyDelete