Tuesday, July 27, 2010

We Both Speak English, Just Not the Same Language

So I feel I have to put you up on game. And what I mean by game, I mean the way I work. I have a few habits that have crept into my daily life and ingrained themselves so deeply that i do them without thinking. Instead of any form of audible communication, if you ask me a question, I will subconsciously give you a thumbs up or thumbs down. You might not have even asked me a yes or no question but thats the answer you'll get, like I'm some sort of world class striker who appreciates what you were trying to do.

Another bad habit i have, is to take words and turn them into verbs. I realize im not the only person on earth who does this, but with the rate i do it, its pretty alarming. J-Smalls and I were talking today and I mentioned this habit of mine to him. He thinks it is a cool, new way to express oneself by taking the english language to a new level. I of course consider it to be retarded, as anyone over the age of 45 has no idea what we are talking about. Case in point...

I was talking to my dad, and I mentioned how somebody at work got "Lane Kiffened". This is a very public, very embarrassing way to get fired. Then later on in the conversation, I mentioned that somebody else at work pulled a "Lane Kiffen". Needless to say he was confused. I then tried to explain to him, that the first one is a very public, and very embarrassing way to get fired, while the second is where you up and leave a place unexpectedly and everyone you left feels bitter and betrayed.

So yeah I realize I'm special sometimes. But ins't the first step to recovery admitting you have a problem? I hope so, just as I hope you enjoy reading these, and the abnormal way my mind works... Don't judge me though, or else I'll have to get all Tyler Durden on you.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know...now that you aren't in your 20s anymore, it's kind of like that woman who wears teenager clothes...you may have to stop "trying" to be cool. :P

    ReplyDelete