Thursday, March 17, 2011

How I Got Married... Part 1

Hi, remember me? I'm the guy who used to update this thing sporadically before I basically disappeared. I apologize for that, but in my defense I have been kinda busy. Let's see.. I got married. That was awesome, but not as awesome as the whole getting to the actual ceremony. Its a pretty epic story if I do say so myself. I'm gonna tell it so pay attention.

The week before The Wife and I were supposed to get hitched, I switched jobs. And they weere flying out to Orlando to meet the team I was working with. So that meant I iwas flying out too. Wifey was not pleased as we had already made travel arraingements but finally relented. So what was supposed to be a simple San Jose to Maui flight turned into a complex four plane chain. But due to general idiocracy that mutated into a 36 hour, 7 flight catastrophe. I'm going to try some thing here. I will list the three time zones that are crucial to this story... east coast time, pacific time, and hawaiian time. so 5pm est is 2pm pst and is also 11am ht.
Hopefully this makes sense.

Thursday-2pm EST/11am PST/8am HT: I arrive at the Orlando airport, check in, and find out my plane is delayed an hour. "No big deal" I thought, as my plane to vegas from SFO didn't leave until 10pm PST. So I hunkered down in a seat and take advantage of the free internet at the airport.

Thursday-5pm EST/2pm PST/11am HT: Still at the Orlando airport. Now nervous due to the fact that my plane was suppsed to leave 20 minutes ago. Was worried about missing my Vegas flight but found out the the weather in the bay area was bad and all flights were affected. I guess now would be a good time to tell you that I had a 1am flight from vegas to honolulu. And I didn't care what old lady I had to heisman I was making that flight.

Thursday-7pm EST/5pm PST/2pm HT: On a flight to LAX. Because the weather sucked so bad, I, with the help of my new boss, got a flight from LAX to vegas that would let me get that overnighter to vegas. So as the door closes I relax knowing I'm gonna make it.

Thursday-12am EST/10pm PST/7 HT: Landed in los angeles. Ran across the airport. Hurdled a guy who had bent over to tie his shoe. Heismaned an old lady. Did a spin move on a mom and her stroller. Get all the way up to the counter to hear, "Sorry sir, that flight's been overbooked. Since you didn't check in, you have no seat." What?! Apparently overbooking is quite common, and since I was on a plane with no internet access I couldn't check in. So guess what flight I missed? I told the lady my situation, pleaded with them, even asked if I could go fight the person for my seat.(they said no). They apologized, gave me the number to hawaiian airlines, and wished me both luck and congrats. Defeated, I walked from the counter and sat down. Now the next thing on the list was to call Wifey.

TO BE CONTINUED....

No comments:

Post a Comment