Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mama's Boy

So this is a few days late, but I wanted to write it anyways. And it's kind of hard to say publicly but with your help, I'm gonna try. Hello My name is Bobby... I love my mom, and I am a "Mama's Boy".  

Frankly, I don't know why we really only appreciate our moms one day a year. After all they have done for us, shouldn't our moms be celebrated all the time? I can't think of one person who has been more influential in my life than my mom. She taught me how to play sports, the difference between right and wrong, and how to stand up for what I believe in. She also taught me how to fight. But the most important thing she has ever taught me, is that no matter what, loving myself and my family are the two most important things I could ever do. 

My mom is three layers of awesome, with a spit-fire center, and wrapped with a wise coating. She calls me dude, still plays co-ed softball, and tries to ambush me constantly. See... in our house we have a game where you could get jumped walking around the corner. I originally started it, lying in wait and when people come around the corner I would strike like the lethal assassin that I am. Now my whole family plays, but no one is as good as my mom. She's laid me out several times, and all I can do is laugh because she got me. Me and my mom are buddies, so it upsets me that there are no activities that are strictly mother/son things. But we in a roundabout way have created our own. We play softball together, and we both coach basketball over at Valley Christian.

So yeah... I could go on for days, but I won't because then you would just stop reading. But before I go, I have two pieces of advice. The first piece is love and appreciate your moms everyday. And if you get a chance... just wait around the corner and ambush someone, its really fun. So Happy Belated Mother's Day to all the mom's out there. Normally I would make a joke right here about having a gift for all the single moms and listing my phone number, but I'm trying to keep it classy and I don't think the girlfriend would find it all that funny. So goodbye to you now.

1 comment:

  1. I will be hiding around a corner on Nick...he does that to us all the time...I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete